Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Final Birthday Post

Tessa's actualy birthday day started out great.  Nate and I filled the floor of her bedroom with balloons to greet her when she woke.  (We were a little nervous they might terrify her if she popped one stepping down, but thankfully, she thought it was very cool).  Then we arrived at school where she could choose between a tiara or a crown with a 5 on it.  She chose the tiara to wear, but held up the crown for a quick pic before Mommy left for work.
 Then around noon I got a call right as I was walking into an IEP meeting that Tessa had a fever.  Fortunately I have my plan at the end of the day, so Nate went to pick her up and dropped her off at school with me where she hung out in my room and drew on the chalkboard, fever free mind you.  She was totally fine and I wondered why the call had come for me.  The note they sent with her basically said she couldn't come back to school until she had been fever free 24 hours or had a doctor's note, so we scheduled a doctor's appointment and walked over there after school (their pediatrician is connected to my building).  The doctor deemed her in perfect health and gave a note saying she could go back immediately so were were able to have cookies with her school friends after all.
 We topped the night off with a trip to Red Robin for dinner, a favorite of both kids.  Ironically, when we got home, Tessa did have a fever.  So weird, perhaps she did have one at school and it went away and came back?  Who knows.  So after all my efforts to get a doctor's note, I ended up staying home anyways with my sweet five year old girl today.  I will say however, that they day has not been in vain.  First, I organized all the baby clothes in newborn and 3 month size that we have for Nolan and washed and dried them.  Folding about to ensue!  And somehow, today, of all days, Morgan has decided he would like to go on the potty and made it all the way to naptime with only 1 accident.  Pretty amazing from 6 am to 1 pm for my little boy who pees about every 20 minutes.  He was even telling me when he had to go and wants to wear big boy undies to school tomorrow.  I hope he wakes up from his nap and wants to keep going...
So I'll leave you with a picture from the start of our day, as it certainly was a bit better than the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment