Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tessa's 5th Birthday!

Technically, she doesn't turn five until January 14th, but that didn't stop us from having her family party last night.  It actually worked out really well, as my brother and sister-in-law were still in town from Seattle and I don't go back to work until Monday so it made it much easier to host a party!  Unfortunately, I took no pictures with all the kids.  I was kind of running around, hosting, so only managed to get pictures of presents and cake.  But alas, here they are:

 This girl has been wanting light-up shoes for a long time.  Want no more!  Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa Helmick!
 And she has also been begging for a real gymnastics leotard.  Wish granted!  Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa Bullock!
 Trying out the light-up shoes.  And yes, for like the third year in a row we had her birthday on the first night of playoffs.  Good scheduling.  I also got married on the day of the Notre Dame/Southern Cal game.  Apparently I like to schedule big events on football days.
 I made her cake for the first time this year using my grandma Conte's recipe.  It was delish, and there were no leftovers.  A beautiful thing!

 My two little chickens!  Love them!
 I think I'll just try one of those sprinkles...is that okay Tessa?  Love her facial response, but she did let him take one.
 Shy when everyone was singing to her!
 Ready, set, blow!
 She did it!
 And I'll end with this one of Morgan at the beginning of the presents.  He reminded me a bit of another two year old at one of Tessa's earlier birthday parties (I think you know who you are :)  He was a little disappointed there were no presents for him.  At least his birthday is kind of coming up...
Happy birthday, sweet Tessa Rose!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment