Friday, April 19, 2013

Nolan is here!

Who knew I could make it to 39 weeks? With a induction scheduled for 4/17, it would be my luck to go into labor a few days prior.  Not complaining...I was definitely ready.  I spent the day on Saturday by going to Zumba, followed by Tessa's first soccer game, some spicy food, and other old wives tales to induce labor.  And in the evening, Nate and I went on our "last" date for awhile to Tellers.  Where the contractions I'd been having for days (or weeks for that matter) got very consistent and started to hurt.  I called my parents, who were watching the kids and we ran home, got some things ready for their overnight with my parents, and waited for my good friend Mikala to come and pick up the dog.  And we headed to the hospital.  We arrived around nine and were immediately hooked up to the monitors where I showed no change for the first two hours.  I asked to stay one more hour, as they were becoming very painful at this point and was allowed one more hour before being sent home (which I know all about from Morgan's delivery).  Fortunately, that third hour was a success and we were admitted, water was broken, and epidural was given.  Ah, relief.  I labored through most of the night and little Nolan came into the world at 5:58 a.m.  The actual delivery was a bit scary and involved some forceps, but he is perfect and here!  My first look at him right after delivery:
 Getting cleaned up and measured.
 Here I am, world!

 And the proud parents with Dr. Lewis.
 All clean!
 Our handsome boy, Nolan Matthew.  7 pounds, 8 ounces, 21.5 inches long!
We came home Tuesday, and minus the sleep deprivation, everything has gone really well.  Tessa and Morgan are in love with their baby brother and hopefully it will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment